Informatics has a table tennis table. It lives in the storage cubboard of room G.03.
The table is to help people de-stress, get to know each other, have fun, and provide some phsyical excersise and space for inspiration.
There are some rules to using the table (please abide by them, otherwise we can't have the table)
- Return the room to the way you found it. If other come to play, and you leave while they are still playing, make sure any new people know how the room was before you arrived, and that they will take responsibility for returning the room to the way it was when you got there. The table should never be left out when it is not being used.
- Be careful when you take out the table; the saftey clips are not as safe as you might hope: always pull the table out with two people - it is not good if the table falls over!
- Do not move the lecturn/AV thing (the thing that people plug their laptops into).
- Do not block the fire exit
- Using the table is currently limitted to after hours use only (not 9:00am-17:00pm), and it obviously it cannot be used if there is an event on (see the room booking timetable: http://rbs.inf.ed.ac.uk/forum/week.php?area=1&room=4).
- Share the table; say hi to anyone who wants to play and try to include them.
- Wear non-marking footwear
- Persons responsible for the loss of the table tennis balls please make sure the stock of the balls is replenished. They are not that expensive after all, and it is a matter of courtesy to other table tennis users to put some back if you use up a lot.
We will adapt the protocol as suits everyone - please feel free to make suggestions.
The table tennis email list can be joined from: http://lists.inf.ed.ac.uk/mailman/listinfo/table-tennis
; the email address for the list is: table-tennis@infREMOVE_THIS.ed.ac.uk
If you have any specific problems, comments or queries please do not send mail to the general forum email lists but to one of the table tennis reps: Iain Whiteside (i.whiteside@smsREMOVE_THIS.ed.ac.uk
) or Helen Ramsden (h.l.ramsden@smsREMOVE_THIS.ed.ac.uk
More information is available at: http://www.inf.ed.ac.uk/student-services/graduate-school/for-research-students/work-and-play/forum-table-tennis
You like having table tennis in the Forum?
"I find it a fun and excellent way to meet other people in informatics, and support those important random discussions, as well as take those breaks are that are essential for having new ideas" -- Lucas
You don't like having table tennis in the Forum?
If/when people forget to put the room back, it is disruptive.
Topic revision: r12 - 09 Feb 2011 - 10:06:40 - Main.s0898676