Welcome to SDP 2016
Facilities and Hardware
Installing software on DiCE
yourself - http://computing.help.inf.ed.ac.uk/installing-software
Hayden Ball, JP Larsson and Francisco Vargas gave a presentation in week 2 (2016) on System Architecture.
The slides can be found here: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1WTpXFZLA94yyx6Nwq0De0piW7qaGuV99A2c8Mv9FjvA/edit?usp=sharing
Essential Robot Building Information
Lego Robot Building Guide Some Basic Tips to get you started :- http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/gde/work/sdp/Robot_Construction_Guide.odt
The Art of Lego - http://www.cs.tufts.edu/comp/150IR/artoflego.pdf
Lego Design information - http://www.clear.rice.edu/elec201/Book/legos.html
How Lego Gearing Works - http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/%7Ejuliano/csci224/Slides/03%20-%20Gears%20Pulleys%20Wheels%20Tires.pdf
Lego Motors detailed info - http://www.philohome.com/motors/motorcomp.htm
Robot Battery Life Calculator - http://www.societyofrobots.com/battery_calculator.shtml
SDP Arduino library - include this from your Arduino code - http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/gde/work/sdp/SDPArduino.zip
Arduino Motor Test Code - look at this to see how to speak to the motors - http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/gde/work/sdp/SDPMotorTest.zip
Rotary Encoder Board Chip and Example Code - Rotary Encoder Example Code
Rotary Encoder Board Library Files - Rotary Encoder Library
Moturmux instruction guide - For Old Lego i2C motor multiplexers (i.e. the green ones not the motor board) - http://www.inf.ed.ac.uk/teaching/courses/sdp/oldi2ctestfiles/i2c-motor-multiplexer.pdf
For Old Lego i2C sensor boards (i.e. the green ones) - http://www.inf.ed.ac.uk/teaching/courses/sdp/oldi2ctestfiles/sdptest.zip
Holonomic motion paper including the maths (from a RoboCup
SSL team) http://people.idsia.ch/~foerster/2006/1/omnidrive_kiart_preprint.pdf
SDP Archive - Videos, Robot Construction Photos, Code and Reports
Speaking and Graphics
- Lecture notes: A life-critical powerpoint.
- Lecture notes: Simon Peyton Jones on Giving a Talk.
- Lecture notes: Philip Wadler on speaking and graphics.
- Lecture notes: Peter Norvig on the Gettysburg address in powerpoint.
- Edward Tufte, The Visual Display of Quantitative Information.
- Max Atkinson, Lend Me Your Ears: All You Need to Know About Making Speeches and Presentations.
- Simon Peyton Jones, How to give a good research talk, write a good research paper, write a good research proposal.
- Peter Norvig, The Making of the Gettysburg PowerPoint Presentation.
- Doc Searls, It's the Story, Stupid.
- Barry Eisler, How to Give a Great Talk
- If you don't want to use Powerpoint, try The LaTeX Beamer Class
- Comedian Don McMillan on how not to use Powerpoint
SDP Web Utilities
Topic revision: r63 - 26 Mar 2016 - 08:47:44 - Main.s1368042