TWiki> Ftlwiki Web>NotesMon05Nov2007 (revision 1)EditAttach

-- Main.soa - 05 Nov 2007

Things to do from Meeting of Mon 29 Oct:

  • The Student Management Committee shall arrange their first meeting to discuss the management of the 3rd floor open area what items need to be bought to make the area more usable.
  • Stuart Anderson shall find conduct some research into how we can acquire artwork for the walls. Still to do this - I will get it done by next meeting.
  • One member for both the Assessment Working Group and the Support Working Group remain to be be recruited.
  • A "My Favourite VLE" Wiki page shall be created to record people's experience with VLEs. The goal is to begin to collect student views on their experience of VLEs and how they can be used effectively.
  • The ITO shall take a proposal to Teaching Committee on the release of statistics on students assignments. This is in preparation for next teaching committee.
  • Stuart Anderson and the ITO will prepare and circulate a short discussion paper for teaching staff on the results of the National Student Survey. WIll be circulated today.
  • The ITO shall look into creating an Informatics calendar for Informatics events: assignment deadlines, tutorials and lectures. VCal and Google Calendar. Stuart asked course organisers and they suggested we experiment with it by getting students to post calendars on a Wiki page and see if there is demand. There is some reluctance to take this on this year because of the many admin changes necessitated by the EUCLID project.

New Agenda Items for 5 Nov:

  • Report from the Student Management Committee
  • Increasing awareness, team organisation and training for the ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest
  • Support for Non-specialist Mathematics courses
  • Providing undergraduate summer research opportunities
  • Running a UG3 Java programming revision class for Informatics joint honours students
Edit | Attach | Print version | History: r2 < r1 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions...
Topic revision: r1 - 05 Nov 2007 - 12:52:59 - Main.soa
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platformCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback
This Wiki uses Cookies