• Removal of students who no longer do Informatics from DICE, door access and mailing list (Action from 4th October); MInf undergraduates to be removed from MSc mailing list --> I think this should not be implemented (at least for 4th and 5th year MInf undegrads) since some of the announcements can be potentially useful.
    • Neil is on holiday, so no update yet
    • ACTION: Add to agenda for first meeting in new year
  • First year Java proposal paper (Action from 4th October)
    • Possibly using BlueJ in the future
    • ACTION: James to email paper to Stuart
    • ACTION: Stuart to arrange meeting with Ewan
  • Library books outdated (Maxim Cramer)
    • Almost all Informatics books in the library are outdated
    • Library not informed about new editions
    • ACTION: Stuart to send out message about informing library of new editions (especially 2nd semester)
  • DICE Stuff
    • Virtualised desktop (so students can break it)
    • ACTION: Stuart to ask IS why open access machines are so slow
  • Stuart's Laptop
    • Purchased a laptop with Vista, it was slow
    • Moved to Windows 7
    • Stuart says that Ubuntu is better than Windows
    • ACTION: Stuart to install Ubuntu on his laptop
  • More copies of: Search engines: information retrieval in practice Front Cover W. Bruce Croft, Donald Metzler, Trevor Strohman and Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning by Christopher M. Bishop, Springer (2006) need to be purchased due to consistently high number of students in TTS and PMR and other courses that use this text books
    • Informatics online eBook library?
  • CS/SE Indv. Practical
    • Lack of grading information
    • No credit given for background/market research
    • ACTION: Stuart to speak about grading
  • Lecture notes to be available at least a week before the lecture.
    • ACTION: Stuart to speak about notes being made available as soon as possible
  • Microwave (James Wheatley for Kolos)
    • Previous fire caused by Microwave
    • Need to check insurance implications, may cost too much
    • Could be done if ITO can be convinced that facilites will be kept clean (i.e. list of things that WILL be cleaned by noon every day)
    • ACTION: James to find some kind of cleaning committee and report back next week
  • More Ceilidh stuff (James Wheatley)
  • Database assignment
    • Specification not very clear

-- Main.s0915100 - 04 Oct 2010

Topic revision: r6 - 18 Oct 2010 - 12:51:54 - Main.s0915100
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platformCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback
This Wiki uses Cookies