200 Recent Changes in DICE Web retrieved at 08:46 (GMT)

Statistics for nop DICE Web Month: Topic views: Topic saves: File uploads: Most popular topic views: Top contributors for topic save and ...
Inventory of self managed servers See also: 1. server rooms (IF B.Z14 and IF B.01) 1. server rooms space policy Contents Forum self managed server room IF ...
Teaching Software requirements 2019/20 When this project is complete, the final report will appear at TeachingSoftware2019Report Key field purpose Course ...
Unallocated and junk machines Any machine (including DICE) that's not currently in use, but is still fit for use, should be put in a store room e.g. IF 2.09, IF 1 ...
Support for Supporters in Informatics This is an attempt to update the old supporters page and get all documentation in one place. Account Management Account ...
Installing Windows 10 (SDX) on MDP desktops and managed laptops for admin staff Preparation of Infrastructure Only supported hardware can be installed, see list ...
Forum Server Room (IF B.02) Noise Levels Measured on Thursday 9th January 2020: ACU01 ACU02 ...
This Week Alastair Inventory project Continue work on final report Provide details on how Tartarus tables are accessed to Ian ...
Installing IS Managed Mac on desktops and laptops (e.g. for admin staff) Macbook laptops Laptops are automatically assigned a hostname during installation. Please ...
Gaivota KVM details Dell PowerEdge R730 4 x 6 core Xeon E5 2643 v4 @ 3.40GHz 256GB memory in the Forum. gaivotapool1 has 2TB of space on ...
Actions from the Operational meetings When raised Who What Comments Deadline 22/01/2020 MPU Chase kernel upgrades 22/01/2020 ...
Discussion Topics for Forthcoming Operational Meetings At the operational meeting held on the of October 2007, it was agreed that in an effort to stimulate discussion ...
Computing Executing Group (CEG) Register of security incidents We have a register of security incidents here: https://www.dice.inf.ed.ac.uk/units/CEG/Security/Register ...
Final report for "Redevelop School Inventory System" Project 269 Delivered Inventory (asset management) system. Went live on May 2018. Various problems with old ...
h2 { border bottom: 1px solid black; } / this is to help differentiate projects on the print friendly version / div.twikiToc { display: none; } / hide the toc on ...
Tally of visits to support offices. Figures should be entered at 5pm Friday, and counter reset to zero Week Commencing Forum AT 16/09/19 59 ...
Mailing Lists Creating a Mailing List. In the services unit's documentation page: http://www.dice.inf.ed.ac.uk/doc/mail/mailaliases.html#mailman Mailing Lists and ...
Thoughts on 403 Emphasis on self managed servers Project 403 asks for training materials to teach users about security. In this project we want to focus on users ...
9 am cover: Tim (except school hols), Stephen Thursday and Friday, Alastair, Alison, Craig. Lunchtime cover: Neil, Stephen any day (except Monday), Ian, Alison ...
A list of Services Unit machines on real hardware: Name Model Role Warranty Expiry Date Location JBOD? Notes bahookie R620 Web ...
DataStore Users can see their own allocations on ECDF Storage Manager Home: https://registration.ecdf.ed.ac.uk/storage/ CSOs can view info about the existing INF groups ...
Managed Platform Unit Meetings Cumulative project effort for active projects See MPU figures spreadsheet. Topics for next meeting Weekly Look at new ...
MPU Meeting Wednesday 8th January 2020 Inventory The data protection documents have been produced and accepted. It only remains to finish the final report. Profile ...
Racks in the Forum server room (Correct at 11th July 2019 neilb) div.racks table {float: left;} Slot Infrastructure Rack 40 rattle 23 24 tycho ...
Placing an Order Purchase orders should be raised either via SciQuest or eFinancials.There is on line training for both systems which must be completed before full ...
Project 509 RaT Unit HTTPS Everything A sub project of https://computing.projects.inf.ed.ac.uk/#454 to migrate all Research and Teaching Unit web services/sites to ...
CompProj:465 : Teaching Software 2018 / 2019 Final Report Description This project involves eliciting all software requirements for taught courses 2018/2019, and ...
Project 511 Services Unit HTTPS Everything A sub project of https://computing.projects.inf.ed.ac.uk/#454 to migrate all Services Unit web services/sites to HTTPS from ...
Pandemic Planning Purpose The purpose of pandemic planning is to ensure that should some event render a large part of the computing staff unable to perform their ...
Improve Standard Web Configuration LCFG Headers Project description Improve Standard Web Configuration LCFG Headers. If they can be used as is on all web servers ...
KDC software and configuration updates Project description Informatics KDCs require software and configuration updates. Kerberos itself needs to be upgraded to a ...
Forum Self managed Server Room (IF B.01) Noise Levels Measured on Thursday 9th January 2020: 90 dB ...
Forum Self managed Server Room (IF B.Z14) Noise Levels Measured on Thursday 9th January 2020: 83 dB 87 dB 83 dB 80 dB ...
MPU Meeting Thursday 5th December 2019 Inventory Nothing happened. Profile Security Just need to write up final report, planning to get that done before Christmas ...
Managed Platform Unit Wiki DOCUMENTATION For computing help, go to http://computing.help.inf.ed.ac.uk . This is the MPU's technical documentation for computing ...
When item(s) are delivered, we need to make sure that supplier sent what we ordered and that they arrived in good condition. We then scan the delivery note(s ...
Procurement Requests Summary The main role of the Computing Support Officers responsible for procurement is to help staff and postgraduate students within the School ...
/ Until blueskin tables are fixed. / table tr { text decoration: none; } table td, table th { padding: 2pt; padding right: 4pt; } AFS Partitions Please note ...
This will be a repository of sample SQL queries of Tartarus $ For 2016/2017 financial year, summarise the spending (excl VAT) by category : select sum(cost), c ...
Course Work Data The data on course work in the School database is entirely taken from EUCLID/APT. Local course work records should only be created, if necessary ...
Introduction TartarusGlossary, TartarusQuickStart Workflow How to record serial numbers for machines with multiple serial numbers Command line interface ...
Research and Teaching Unit Wiki ( Nihil est semper simplex ) or ( Sumus omnibus acribus addictis ) See also Unit Web General Unit Availability Day/Member ...
Dell System Update (dsu) Dell System Update or dsu automates the updating of firmware on Dell servers. It works on 12G, 13G and 14G, servers. Note that this means ...
Installation The below covers typical first install information which might be relevant in all circumstances, however in most types of server installation there should ...
Pandemic Top Five for Hypatia (School Database) There is a lot of general documentation (including disaster recovery stuff like server re installation and upgrade ...
Decommissioning Machines and Drives We've have various off the cuff discussions about what should be done with decommissioned machines and hard disks, but I couldn ...
A working example on how to delete LCFG profiles, either when disposing of equipment or converting a DICE machine to self managed. Replace "briggitenau" with your ...
girassol Dell PowerEdge R730 4 x 14 core Xeon E5 2690 @ 2.60GHz slower than the other servers but there are many more of them so we put lots of less demanding ...
With the demise of python 2, we'll need to investigate upgrading mailman to work with Python 3. There may be reduced functionality, but that's unlikely to affect us ...
Services Unit Activities Following a Unit Meeting on 16th Jan, 2017, it was agreed to collect all Unit related weekly activities on one page. Meetings can still be ...
Hypatia Portal Server Installation Installing a Hypatia Portal server is straightforward, can be done 'from scratch' without access to the old server, and consists ...
Completion Report Map of the Taught Student's Labs Final report for the #405 Map of the Taught Student's Labs computing project. This project was to review and further ...
Local EdWeb distribution web.inf.ed.ac.uk We are running a local copy of the EdWeb distribution, which is more or less a copy of the EdWeb (Drupal 7 with IS skinning ...
Services which have not been completed in the current pandemic exercise Service Awaiting School DB squinney Wiki rwb Name Outstanding ...
Final Project Report for Project 412 Migration of backup services to TiBS Version 3 Introduction This project was originally started in early 2018 to cover the ...
Final Reports for Completed Projects Project ID Name / Final Report 2 AFS file system 3 Production Cosign Service 7 Improved LCFG Distribution ...
Services Unit Project Hompage Archives Here you will find snapshots of the home pages of the projects managed within the Services Unit taken when the project was submitted ...
Final Report for Project 378 Introduction of Cloud Printing to Informatics Introduction In summer 2016, most of the printers available to users of the undergraduate ...
Hadoop Clusters: Care and Feeding If you're not computing staff, you've reached the wrong page sorry! Read computing.help.inf.ed.ac.uk/hadoop cluster instead. ...
pre, code { font size: 140%; color: #101090; } Production Hadoop Service Research and Teaching Unit Final Report for CompProj:420 Description The aim of the project ...
pre, code { font size: 140%; color: #101090; } DICE Desktop Review final report Final Report for CompProj:379 Description "Perform an appraisal of the future ...
Edit your local copy of $CVSROOT/avail to grant the user access to selected part of the inf tree as per http://www.dice.inf.ed.ac.uk/doc/web/wwwinfnotes.html#avail ...
pre, code { font size: 140%; color: #101090; } Teaching Software 2019/20 Final Report for CompProj:506 Description Customer Deliverables Time The project took ...
pre, code { font size: 140%; color: #101090; } PROJECT TITLE Final Report for CompProj:NNN Description Customer Deliverables Time The project took NN weeks FTE ...
pre, code { font size: 140%; color: #101090; } PROJECT TITLE Final Report for CompProj:NNN Description Customer Deliverables Time The project took NN weeks FTE ...
#328 Firewall Holes Procedural Automation Evaluate and implement a very simple mechanism to automate the annual audit and renewal of user requested firewall holes ...
Final project report for "Investigate the new centrally managed Mac desktop" Project Description Investigate the new centrally managed Mac desktop and consider/research ...
KVM Server Scheduled Downtime Planned downtime for MPU KVM servers is announced on this page. It won't go ahead until affected units have indicated their agreement ...
The DICE Hadoop cluster Please see HadoopCareAndFeeding.
Final Report : Review Security of LCFG Profile Access (402) This project was split into two main areas of work support for secure fetching of the LCFG XML profiles ...
This page has been merged into HadoopCareAndFeeding.
Managed Platform Unit projects: Current Pending Completed #CurrentProjects Current Projects Redevelop School Equipment inventory show, home page ...
Release Management Procedures This page documents how, why and when to make and install the managed DICE releases. It is purely for the use of the people whose responsibility ...
Procure PGR GPU Cluster Final report for the #472 Procure PGR GPU Cluster computing project. This was requested by CSG and Director of Research who also provided initial ...
Responding to Subject Access Requests (SARs) The following steps should all be followed to respond to Subject Access Request : in this example, 'ascobie' is the individual ...
RT Best Practice Triggers When a ticket is created an automated message goes to the requestor giving them the ticket number and an email is also sent to the ...
From:Unidesk I181015 1879 The outlook autocomplete and GAL are not linked and its not possible to link these. a users autocomplete is updated each time a email is ...
How to upgrade and/or reboot a KVM server. How to upgrade the OS on a KVM server without messing everything up. If you're also upgrading firmware, include the instructions ...
Clavichord KVM details Dell PowerEdge R740 2 x 12 core 3.0GHz Xeon 256GB memory. at KB. clavichordpool1 is on 2TB of local SAS disks. ...
On line exam procedure checklist NOTES / CORRECTIONS: These instructions should be signed off for each paper of each exam e.g. mock needs its own checklist ...
Racks in the KB server room GPU Rack 0 Rack 0 Rack 1 Rack 2 Rack 3 Usage Switch: gpu0.kb.net(HP ProCurve 2900) landonia17 ... landonia10 Slot Usage ...
Server Power Data This page documents GPU and other power data. (figures given in brackets are with 1 redundant power supply ( ) removed.) server power supply ...
Exam Dates and Details RT:96265 Date Time Room(s) Exam Lecturer CSO in charge C(S)O helpers Comments Forum Desk Wed 20th Nov ...
IF RAID cards are in peppercorn and gresley gresley created 14 x 2.1TB AFS partitions, and 2 x 1TB NFS partitions (RAID 10). peppercorn ...
Computing Projects meeting The agenda for the next meeting can be found at https://computing.projects.inf.ed.ac.uk/meeting/ (formerly DICE Project Development Meeting ...
Web Wiki Home Changes Index Search Meetings CEG DevelopmentMeeting Computing Projects Technical Discussion Units ...
The Services Unit A dumping ground for various useful bits of info, mainly for us, but occasionally for others. The other place to look for Service Unit information ...
DPISa for services managed by the Services Unit We have an action from CEG to create DPIAs for all the services we provide before the Christmas break. These DPIAs ...
RFE and version control to see all rfe maps: rfe rfemaps How to see the version changes of rfed files? for rfe dns/inf: ssh on to dutoit cd /disk/home/dutoit ...
Duty Allocation FAQ General information on managing the Duty Allocation process in the School Database (Hypatia). Notes The "Public Notes" are made visible on all ...
Editing Admin Principals Please ONLY FOLLOW these instructions: https://wiki.inf.ed.ac.uk/viewauth/DICE/AFSAdminUids Run /usr/kerberos/sbin/kadmin This produces ...
The User Support Unit Unit Guidelines SupportVisits Tally for Support Office Visits SupportMeetings User Support Meetings VisitorAccountMeeting ...
Checklist for setting up new staff User self registration for services The following is relevant to all staff and research students. The user will need to do the ...
MPU Meeting Wednesday 20th November 2019 Inventory Nothing happened. Profile Security Profile fetching using GSSAPI became the default this week. Mostly this ...
MPU Meeting Wednesday 13th November 2019 Inventory Nothing happened. Profile Security Still planning to switch clients to GSSAPI authentication next Monday. Alternate ...
MPU Servers MPU servers' profile status on lcfg1, lcfg2. MPU servers' status. The machines in server rooms have the rack/row numbers in their location to make it easier ...
Mandolin KVM details Dell PowerEdge R740 Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 6134 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 32 virtual CPUs 192GB memory in Appleton Tower. banjopool1 ...
Package Repository Mirroring The various package repositories (e.g. SL7, SL6, epel) are automatically mirrored each night by a cron job which runs on the packages ...
Discussion Items AV Training Carried over from last meeting: Alastair was asking for clarification on what we want to know. Nick, Mohammed, Adam and Carol to attend ...
MPU Meeting Wednesday 6th November 2019 Inventory No activity. Profile Security From Monday 18th November, machines will use GSSAPI to authenticate when fetching ...
Support Meetings DiscussionItems 2019 SupportUnitMeeting20191113 SupportUnitMeeting20190925 SupportUnitMeeting20190904 SupportUnitMeeting20190612 ...
Items for Discussion at the Next Support Meeting Next Meeting: Weds 13th Nov location AT 9.01 2pm (Jennifer taking minutes) RT Best Practice Sharepoint ...
AT server room main server racks population Rack 2 Rack 1 Rack 0 Slot Machine Comments 40 39 Cable guide 38 Switch: atb1.at.net (HP ProCurve ...
Project 394 Develop and document policies and procedures for physical security. Hardware security of open area desktops; Padlocking open area ...
Look at the gitlab cert Neil fixed this. Fix xerox info and add it the new utils wiki page Ross. Done. Updated the script to handle the new printers ...
Jubilee (KVM server for RAT Hadoop testing) Jubilee is an antiquated KVM server which has been revived to help out with Hadoop cluster testing. If you're not Chris ...
Banjo KVM details Dell PowerEdge R740 Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 6134 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 32 virtual CPUs 192GB memory in Appleton Tower. banjopool1 ...
MPU Meeting Thursday 24th October 2019 Inventory Nothing happened. Profile Security Nothing happened. Alternate Desktop Platform $ Schema changes : Stephen has ...
Oyster KVM details Dell PowerEdge R720 4 x 4 core 3.3GHz Xeon 128GB memory in Appleton Tower. oysterpool1 is on 1TB of local SAS disks. ...
Install the new JBODs and cards. Evaluate how long data shuffling might take. Are we best scheduling lots of downtime, or shuffling data to minimise downtime? Ross ...
Migration of research group websites from Plone CMS Project 388 This will be the web page for the project to migrate (research) web sites off the Plone based wcms ...
Project 364 School EdWeb I started looking at EdWeb in December 2014, and actually working on what became web.inf in Jan 2015. Proposed it as a project in August ...
Teaching Software requirements 2018/19 The project is now complete see TeachingSoftware2018Report Key field purpose Course Course Code Semester ...
Restores from TiBS The backup server is pergamum.inf.ed.ac.uk which has the alias of backups.inf.ed.ac.uk Always do this when connected to backups.inf.ed.ac.uk before ...
Creating AFS Group Space There doesn't seem to be an existing document on creating AFS group space. So I thought I'd note down what I did to create some. Note at present ...
Nexsan ATAbeast/boy Hardware There is an old page regarding the Nexsan hardware, which you might want to check for differences, but this page is far more up to date ...
Outline of Exam Procedures This page aims to give a quick reference to support's role in setting up and running on line exams. It does not supercede the RAT unit ...
pre, code { font size: 140%; color: #101090; } Laboratory Examination Procedure Note: Staff involved in supporting a Laboratory Examination should also read: ...
Account Management Account Creation Account creation is now an automatic process. In order to create an account there has to be a database entry with a UUN. The ...
To allow automatic updates of distro packages specified in options headers it is important to use the correct profile.packages resource. $ Packages from distro ...
Simple KVM service documentation Guests : Information on managing KVM guests Hosts : Information on managing KVM hosts Which server for a new KVM guest? If it ...
Amarela KVM details This server is for hosting student project VMs. Put your student project VMs here. Dell PowerEdge R720 4 x 6 core 3.5GHz Xeon ...
Final Report: Update Platform to SL7.6 (471) LCFG Level As with previous minor upgrades to SL7 the work to update the LCFG level headers and generate the new package ...
Azul KVM details Dell PowerEdge R730 4 x 6 core Xeon E5 2643 v3 @ 3.40GHz 128GB memory in the Forum. azulpool1 is the KVM storage pool. ...
Harpsichord KVM details Dell PowerEdge R740 2 x 12 core 3.0GHz Xeon 256GB memory. at KB. harpsichordpool1 is on 2TB of local SAS disks. ...
Managing a KVM host Expected audience. These instructions are intended for the manager of a KVM host. It is not expected that people will performing any of the tasks ...
lcfg x509 with letsencrypt LCFG configuration lcfg x509 has had support for obtaining certificates from letsencrypt since version 0.1.2. The x509 component can be ...
DICE Bash environment RAT and MPU Unit share responsibility for the bash environment on DICE. We customise it from stock SL7 in a few ways: bashdefenv link ...
MPU Meeting Thursday 17th October 2019 Inventory No activity. Profile Security Machines on the develop release are now authenticating their secure profile fetch ...
MPU Meeting Thursday 3rd October 2019 Inventory Nothing happened Profile Security Nothing happened Alternate Desktop Platform The apt component has been reworked ...
A Wiki for DICE jottings. If you need help with IT, go to computing.help.inf.ed.ac.uk. Transient PasswordPortalComments BondingProblems a log of bonding ...
Getting a Mac to use the DICE Infrastructure This page is now very old. To find out about using DICE services from more recent versions of MacOS go straight to http ...
Wordpress Nuggets Little bits that may help with problems with a Wordpress site. Site stuck in maintenance mode Sometimes (so far it has only ever been when updating ...
.old { background: none repeat scroll 0 0 lightgrey; margin left: 1em; margin right: 3em; padding: 0.5em 1em; } A Place to Dump random useful bits ...
Options when providing a WordPress site We seem to be getting more and more requests for WordPress based sites. Here are the 3 basic options we can currently provide ...
How to add self managed machines as TiBS clients Now that we are offering the facility to back up self managed machines via TiBS, support should now be receiving requests ...
EdWeb Pandemic Docs We only have one live EdWeb distribution site, web.inf.ed.ac.uk. The only common tasks are applying updates, be it feature updates or security ...
Tighten up Fail2Ban on smtp.inf CGI issues identify those not in use and how long it would take to sort the rest. CGIs are present on www.inf, www.cstr, groups ...
Building Packages using mock The recommended approach for building RPM packages for DICE SL7 machines is to use PkgForge. This guarantees that the packages are rebuildable ...
Discussion Items Passwords It is now possible to send a password to a cloud printer and allow another user to collect it by using the recipient flag. The password ...
MPU Meeting Wednesday 25th September 2019 Inventory Alastair has been working on the documentation. A few more minor features have been implemented. ...
Admin Notes for Log Cabin The log cabin service is configured via the dice/options/cabin.h header, to allow testing and use of the software without the need to install ...
CRITICAL SHUTDOWN To shut down servers at a site: critical shutdown level low medium high place AT IF JCMB Give both a level and a place . You can rehearse ...
Final report for project 362 SL7 DICE servers upgrade This project is tracked at https://computing.projects.inf.ed.ac.uk/#362 . An archive of project materials ...
Discussion Items Rota (Jennifer) UniDesk training Some people missed the training. Those who went felt they didn't actually learn much as was aimed at beginners ...
MPU Meeting Wednesday 18th September 2019 Inventory The manager of an item is now set from the sysinfo.manager LCFG resource for DICE machines. It might be better ...
Tartarus client report Client side Every DICE system runs /usr/lib/tartarus/bin/clientreport at boot time and periodically (currently twice a day) thereafter. This ...
Item is delivered, either partially or in whole New orders file created with rfe orders/{orderno} . Each file must adhere to the OrderFileFormat. An order file example ...
MPU Meeting Wednesday 22nd November 2017 Inventory No activity since the last meeting. LCFG Client Refactoring Stephen has been tidying up odds and ends: ...
MPU Meeting Wednesday 6th December 2017 Inventory We would like to be able to feed some resource information back to the inventory for generating reports. In particular ...
MPU Meeting Wednesday 13th December 2017 Inventory Chris has contributed a clientreport Management module which detects BMCs and DRACs and their firmware versions ...
This Week Alastair Inventory project continue working through TartarusWorkFlow Document clientreport (eg how to add modules) ...
MPU Meeting Wednesday 13th September 2017 Inventory Nothing happened. LCFG Client Refactoring The scripts for testing the client using a large set of XML profiles ...
MPU Meeting Wednesday 16th August 2017 Inventory Support for KVM guests has been completed including the necessary changes for kvmtool to register new guests. There ...
MPU Meeting Tuesday 14th February 2017 Inventory The MAC support has been finished in the REST API and the ii tool. Alastair has now begun work on the API test ...
MPU Meeting Tuesday 18th July 2017 Inventory Alastair has been working on adding a simple web interface for querying the inventory. It uses the same Catalyst code ...
MPU Meeting Tuesday 6th June 2017 Inventory The ii query command now supports specifying multiple fields for output using the fields command line option. Alastair ...
MPU Meeting 12th April 2017 LCFG Client Refactoring The context support is now finished and documented. Stephen has moved onto the packages support which is now well ...
MPU Meeting Wednesday 1st November 2017 Inventory Alastair has been polishing Tartarus ready for launch: use of a tartarus account instead of root Rationalising ...
MPU Meeting Wednesday 31st May 2017 Inventory Apache authentication is now done using GSSAPI. Alastair has added API support for aliases and for virtual machines ...
MPU Meeting Tuesday 7th February 2017 Inventory Alastair has been working on MAC address support for the API. We had a discussion about how to deal with the locations ...
MPU Meeting Tuesday 28th February 2017 Inventory Alastair has the authentication for the conduits working, and the conduits are now run regularly from a cron job ...
MPU Meeting Tuesday 28th March 2017 Inventory Alastair is still working on the test suite, now concentrating on SQL comparisons. He's been developing a procedure ...
MPU Meeting Wednesday 15th November 2017 Inventory A checkhost command has been added to ii which can be used to check if a hostname is already being used. Alastair ...
MPU Meeting Tuesday 6th December 2016 Inventory Alastair has been implementing more of the sub commands of the inventory tool ii . The inventory now gets all ...
MPU Meeting Thursday 4th May 2017 Inventory ii query can now pull out the hostname field which makes it useful for the exam lockdown scripts. George has ...
MPU Meeting Wednesday 2nd August 2017 Inventory Alastair has improved the API for the web interface. He has now started working on finishing support for KVM guests ...
MPU Meeting Tuesday 13th June 2017 Inventory The wandering time report is now sent from the mp unit address to cos. Alastair has now set up backups for Tartarus. ...
MPU Meeting Wednesday 8th March 2017 Inventory Alastair is continuing to work on the test suite, he is gathering a bundle of realistic test data. MPU SL7 The new ...
MPU Meeting Wednesday 27th September 2017 Inventory Alastair has been tidying code and adding pod documentation. He's added a new script which updates hostnames from ...
MPU Meeting Tuesday 17 January 2017 Inventory No activity. MPU SL7 $ computing.help.inf.ed.ac.uk : Alastair has an SL7 server ( lagun ) just about ready to ...
MPU Meeting Thursday 22nd December 2016 Inventory Carol and Lindsey have been testing the ii tools and have provided some feedback. Chris has tested the API and ...
MPU Meeting Tuesday 18th April 2017 Inventory $ Location sync : The location sync code has been modified to handle George's new data format. Handling location ...
MPU Meeting Tuesday 24th January 2017 Inventory Nothing happened. MPU SL7 $ computing.help : We have discovered a problem with journald on lagun , for some reason ...
MPU Meeting Thursday 24th November 2016 Inventory Alastair has added POD documentation for the various ii commands. He has been adding more commands (and documenting ...
MPU Meeting Wednesday 11th October 2017 Inventory Nothing much happened. LCFG Client Refactoring The core packages are now in the develop release and updaterpms ...
MPU Meeting Wednesday 6th September 2017 Inventory Alastair has been working on code quality improvements and on bringing man pages up to date. He intends to complete ...
MPU Meeting Tuesday 8th November 2016 Inventory Alastair has finished adding validation (as mentioned last time). Field names in the schema have been made ...
Inventory redevelopment project home page (Project 269) $ Review project (2012) : 146 Inventory Improvements $ Consultation (Aug 2013) : Schema diagram, Schema ...
MPU Meeting Tuesday 24th May 2016 Inventory The client report code has been split out into a separate package to avoid having to update everything each time a report ...
MPU Meeting Wednesday 3rd August 2016 Inventory Alastair has been using the new inventory API for the latest insurance valuation. This has been a good practical test ...
MPU Meeting Thursday 18th August 2016 Inventory Alastair has improved the documentation for the REST API. There are now examples. Please try it out and let him know ...
MPU Meeting Tuesday 27th September 2016 Inventory No recent activity. There haven't been any responses to the API. Please try it out and let Alastair know how you ...
pre, code { font size: 140%; color: #101090; } Tartarus API (prototype) The Tartarus API can be used for querying and updating information on a item (desktop PC, ...
MPU Meeting Tuesday 7th June 2016 Inventory Alastair has been investigating Catalyst using a local install, as a demonstrator he has got a simple part of the REST ...
MPU Meeting Thursday 30th June 2016 Inventory Alastair has finished packaging the Catalyst modules. He has also finished designing the RESTful API see TartarusRESTAPI ...
MPU Meeting Tuesday 19th July 2016 Inventory Nothing happened due to holidays. LCFG Client Refactoring $ Name : Package name changed to "lcfg core". $ Documentation ...
MPU Meeting Tuesday 31st May 2016 Inventory No activity. LCFG client refactoring No activity. SL7 server base The proposed solution to our dying DNS problem is ...
MPU Meeting Thursday 11th August 2016 Inventory Alastair has continued to work on the REST API. It is now possible to update nearly all possible fields, only disposal ...
MPU Meeting Thursday 25th August 2016 Inventory Alastair has publicised the API, this includes examples using curl and Perl/LWP. Chris would like to wrap the Dell ...
MPU Meeting Tuesday 25th October 2016 Inventory Alastair has still not had any responses regarding his request for testing of the REST API. The support for getting ...
MPU Meeting Tuesday 17th May 2016 Inventory Alastair has been experimenting with JSON and SQL. Thanks to that experience he has slightly restructured his ClientReport ...
Tartarus 'quickstart' documentation Please read TartarusGlossary first Note that options can be abbreviated eg the following are acceptable ' newhost ...
How to install a DICE machine BIOS settings Enter BIOS (usually F10) Take a note of the mac address from the Advanced System information Change the ...
Glossary $ item : An individual item, usually equipment, that has been obtained through some route (usually purchase). The vast majority of items are introduced ...
This seems a duplicate of MovingWires, so go there instead
Moving machine to a different wire without a reinstall We seem to have more than one set of instructions for this! Try following the instructions at MovingWires.
MPU Meeting Tuesday 28th May 2019 Inventory Nothing happened. LCFG Profile Security Nothing happened. Still waiting on SL7.6 roll out. Need to start writing up ...
MPU Meeting Wednesday 6th March 2019 Inventory No progress, except that Alastair has been thinking about doing an initial clientreport run on new machines, including ...
MPU Meeting Wednesday 28th August 2019 Inventory Alastair has applied the patches from Stephen's review of the Tartarus code. Some weird behaviour was found involving ...
Number of topics: 200

See also: rss-small RSS feed, recent changes with 50, 100, 200, 500, 1000 topics, all changes

Topic revision: r1 - 16 Aug 2001 - 19:58:33 - PeterThoeny
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platformCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback
This Wiki uses Cookies