MPU Meeting 3rd July 2006

State of Projects

This is the current state of the top MPU projects:

LCFG distribution
(Stephen, Paul). The top priority. Stephen is writing this up for Wednesday's development meeting. We need peoples' opinions about this - see LCFG buildtools below. (ACTION: Stephen)
LCFG buildtools
(Stephen, Paul). Lower priority than LCFG distribution. Stephen will ask on the wiki what people want from a revamped buildtools. He will advertise this widely, for instance on lcfg-discuss and at SciCOs, see below. We also need to know peoples' opinions on the LCFG distribution revamp, so that will be mentioned too. (ACTION: Stephen)
Enhancing Solaris Support
(Chris) Not being addressed at this development meeting; slightly lower priority.
RPM submission system
(Alastair) Not known.
Release Management
(Chris) Procedures are currently under review as Chris tries to iron out problems and inconsistencies. This also needs to be finished for Wednesday's development meeting. (ACTION: Chris)
FC5
(Stephen, Alastair). Our part in this is pretty much done, although there may be snagging work to do.
64 bit
(Stephen, Alastair). Not really started yet.

LCFG Server Announcements

Announcements about our LCFG servers (breaks in service, maintenance, etc.) have until now gone just to COs. Now that we have active DIY DICE users we need to include them in these announcements. We need to set up a diydice-announce mailing list for this purpose and add registered DIY DICE users to it. (ACTION: Chris)

Prelink problem

Prelink breaks coq and similar binaries (RT 23434). These binaries are basically runnable versions of dumps of running processes, and won't work unless left exactly as they are. The prelink RPM writes a configuration file in which exceptions can be defined. Stephen will take the ticket and take a preliminary look at the problem later this week. (ACTION: Stephen)

SciCOs meeting

The next SciCOs meeting on Tuesday 11th looks pretty interesting - there are two presentations on LCFG for instance. More details can be found on the SciCOs page. Remember to order your refreshments!

Stephen will mention the upcoming changes to buildtools and LCFG distribution at the meeting and ask for feedback.

LISA

Several of us will be attending LISA 2006, and we'll be sorting out travelling arrangements shortly.

-- ChrisCooke - 03 Jul 2006

Topic revision: r7 - 12 Sep 2006 - 11:00:09 - ChrisCooke
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platformCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback
This Wiki uses Cookies