Project Development Meeting (COs chat room 10:30 - 12:00) - Minutes 2010-12-01

Present: idurkacz, iainr, toby, roger, cms, gordonr, neilb, cc, squinney, alisond, ascobie (minutes), gdmr

1. Minutes of last meeting

Not discussed, but presumed accepted.

2. Matters arising

Update on actions from last meeting.

  • Forum Information Display Screens
    • Who will manage content. Alastair will raise with Liz. Alastair has raised with Liz who will decide who will take responsibility for the screens. [Action Alastair]
  • AV facilities
    • Arrange purchase of earpiece to check operation of induction loops. Scott has ordered an earpiece. [Action Alison]
  • DICE F12^h3
    • COs to upgrade own desktops to F13. Approximately half have done. It was agreed that we should consider this done.
  • Provision of new Networker server
    • Produce a brief evaluation of the options (pay consultancy, buy sun, transfer and convert tape archive using existing technology). Agreed that this action should be killed off - see discussion on associated project below.
  • Hadoop cluster
    • Tim to schedule meeting with Stuart to discuss managing course requirements. [Action Tim]
  • LCFG F13 port
    • Annotate final report with suggestion that in future each unit is given a specific sub-project to allocate effort against. Done.

New actions from this meeting :-

3. Approved Projects

See Activity with annotated comments from meeting.

4. Project Status Changes

None.

5. New Proposed Projects

None.

6. AOB

This meeting was held in the CO chat room due to the inclement weather conditions. It was agreed that, while using the chat room was much slower than a face-to-face meeting, it was a viable alternative given the circumstances. It is not something we should adopt as the norm. One improvement for future meetings held in this way would be for the convenor to hold a poll on which projects people wished to discuss.

-- AlastairScobie - 09 Dec 2010

Topic revision: r2 - 10 Dec 2010 - 10:08:32 - AlastairScobie
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platformCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback
This Wiki uses Cookies