Development Meeting

Room IF-4.31 - Minutes 2010-06-02

Present: Neil Brown, Roger Burroughes, Tim Colles (convenor and minutes), Chris Cooke, Alison Downie, Ian Durkacz, Craig Strachan, Gordon Reid, George Ross, Iain Rae, Alastair Scobie

Apologies: Toby Blake, Stephen Quinney

1. Minutes of last meeting

Accepted.

2. Matters Arising

Update on actions from last meeting.

  • Alastair will discuss automated ACL management for shared folders on staffmail with Chris Adie. Craig will discuss with Neil and construct email to send to Scott and/or Chris. Discussed and solution found without IS needing to do anything, but will check with Scott. Craig will make this a minor services project. Done.
  • CUPS needs a service catalogue entry. Project completion also requires a switch to using the IS cups component, upgrade to the newest version of cups and some configuration moved out of live headers. [Action Gordon]
  • Staffmail Migration - We need a way to automate the @inf alias creation for new staff, possibly via Prometheus conduit and the database. Craig will investigate what is required and likely effort. Craig will make this a minor services project. Done.
  • Staffmail Migration - Still not clear if out requirements for the central mailing list service will be effectively met, Craig will investigate what is happening. Graeme has been on holiday, report delayed until next meeting. Supposed to be going live at end of July, with Sympa, "may" meet DB upload reqirements.
  • Create a project to look at checking the strength of existing passwords on the KDC and/or checking password strength when changed on the KDC (at the moment strength checks are only made on DICE clients). Done.
  • Cluster Parallel Filesystem
    • User documentation missing (not committed). Done.
    • Total effort taken to be added to final report. Done.
    • Take to CEG for final ratification. [Action Tim]
  • F12 DICE Desktop
    • Add milestones/bugzilla for individual services (DICE environment, printing, Cosign, etc). Two thirds done. [Action Iain]
  • Prometheus AFS PTS Conduit
    • Needs a Code Review milestone. Done.
    • As an aside Alastair notes that the installroot project also needs one. Done.
  • Port inf-unit components to FC12
    • Adjust milestone dates to so crucial service ports are done sooner (e.g. openldap, pam, etc). Done.
  • Revisit Account Management
    • Adjust milestones and add Rollout Date. Done.
  • Forum Information Display Screens
    • Who will manage content, Alastair to raise at Building Committee. [Action Alastair]
  • Wallet Implementation
    • All to look at Ian's document. Check if wildcard patch can go upstream. [Action Ian]
  • loghost implementation
    • Define what to provide and move to Implementation. Done.
  • Move www.inf to new technology
    • Set milestones. Post around re-direct plan. Ensure permanent re-directs. Done.

3. Approved Projects

See Activity with annotated comments from meeting.

4. Project Status Changes

The following projects were signed off :-

5. New Proposed Projects

None.

6. AOB

None.

-- TimColles - 28 Jul 2010


This topic: DICE > WebHome > DevelopmentMeeting > DevelopmentMeetingMinutes-2010-06-02
Topic revision: r1 - 28 Jul 2010 - 22:28:10 - TimColles
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platformCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback
This Wiki uses Cookies