Development Meeting

Room IF-4.31 - Minutes 2009-05-06

Present: Neil Brown, Roger Burroughes, Tim Colles (convener and minutes), Chris Cooke, Alison Downie, Graham Dutton, Ian Durkacz, Stephen Quinney, Iain Rae, Gordon Reid, George Ross, Alastair Scobie, Craig Strachan, Simon Wilkinson

1. Minutes of last meeting

2. Matters Arising

  • George should document how the host keys of the ssh servers can be preserved during upgrades.

Action carried forward. [Action George]

3. Approved Projects

  • EUCLID Informatics Interoperability Milestone achieved - IS will not provide an equivalent DACS stream. Wait and see for existing stream to go live with new student data at the end of May. Milestones updated.

  • Revisit Account Management - Simon reported on progress. Code basically done apart from end-user capability management. Currently working on documentation for Conduit writing. Intend to run in parallel with existing account management system in September and to switch over entirely to the new system in October/November. The milestones need to be updated to reflect the current state of progress and to incorporate the rollout plan. [Action Simon]

  • SICSA Database - Externally driven changes to priorities. Milestones can be updated at any time by email confirmation. Current milestone is incorrect and should be changed. [Action Iain]

4. Project Status Changes

  • Inventory System - Signed off. Take to CEG for final ratification [Action Tim]

5. New Project Proposals

The following projects were all brought to Proposal stage as they were on the list of priority projects for the next six months. Those not moving from Proposal to Evaluation or Implementation below (either due to not starting soon or needing the project description fleshed out) will be kept in the agenda for subsequent meetings.

  • Review user docs - We should arrange a meeting of interested parties to discuss and flesh out the proposal by the next meeting. Ian has been talking directly to interested parties and has completed the proposal. This should now be sent round COs so the project can be moved to the next suitable phase. Should be done before June meeting. [Action Ian]

  • LCFG Core Refactoring - Left for a future meeting as the proposal needs fleshed out with a plan, milestones and expected effort. This is now being looked at. Should be done before June meeting. [Action Alastair]

  • Final stages of commodity CMS - Needs LCFG managed aspects added to the project description and fleshed out with plan, milestones and expected effort for the next meeting. This project has inter-dependencies with two others, situation should be clearer in a weeks time as to what work belongs in each project once more has been done on Informatics Commercialisation Website. [Action Craig]

  • Upgrade Twiki - While we could consider a move to Confluence this has no support for iFriend or group access control which are locally important. Our Twiki software is ancient. This will make a good PDP. Work already started. Move to Evaluation and flesh out with a plan, milestones and anticipated effort in time for the next meeting. Action carried forward. [Action Roger]

  • Progress TiBS to full service - Not currently LCFG managed however it is in use as our primary backup technology. Chris likely to start work on this next month. Move to Evaluation and Chris, Craig and Alastair will discuss and flesh out with a plan, milestones and anticipated effort in time for the next meeting. A document detailing what is required is being worked on which will allow the project description to be fleshed out in time for the June meeting. [Action Craig]

5. AOB

There was some discussion on the effectiveness of the Development meeting and the management/prioritisation of development work generally. We should have a brainstorming meeting to propose and discuss options.

The next meeting will be on June 3rd in the Forum.

-- TimColles - 07 May 2009


This topic: DICE > WebHome > DevelopmentMeeting > DevelopmentMeetingMinutes-2009-05-06
Topic revision: r1 - 07 May 2009 - 10:00:35 - TimColles
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platformCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback
This Wiki uses Cookies