Project Development Meeting (JCMB Room 2509)- Minutes 2007-03-07

Present: Paul Anderson, Toby Blake, Neil Brown, Tim Colles, Chris Cooke, Ken Dawson (convener and minutes), Ian Durkacz, Bill Hewitt, Stephen Quinney, Iain Rae, Gordon Reid, George Ross, Craig Strachan, Simon Wilkinson

Apologies: Alastair Scobie

1. Minutes of last meeting

These were accepted.

2. Matters Arising

  • Neil/George to discuss requirements for lightweight accounts and decide if this needs a separate project.

Neil had still to initiate the discussion. [Action Neil and George]

All other actions from the last meeting have been completed.

3. Approved Projects

  • Project Management System - The next milestone (service docs) had been completed yesterday. Ken will be moving this project on to the project sign off stage after this meeting. [Action Ken]

  • AFS file system - Craig reported that details of the way users would be moved to AFS had been partially published in the minutes of the AFS project team but that they still need to be officially documented.

  • Web Technologies and Policy - The stated next milestone had slipped by about 7 weeks. Craig will introduce intermediate milestones and set the next milestone value appropriately. [Action Craig]

  • Publishing and Discussion Media Survey Paper - There was some discussion about whether it was more appropriate to merge this project into the Web Technologies and Policy project or keep it as a separate project and appoint a new project leader (following Morna's departure from the computing staff). Ken will raise these issues at CEG. [Action Ken]

  • FC5 services - There are still a handful of servers that are still at FC3. Neil will start to write up what might be learnt from this project. Ken will raise the question of bringing this work to completion at CEG. [Action Ken]

  • Improved RPM submission tool - Stephen commented that Alastair had said that it had been necessary to stall this project. The project should be moved to the stalled stage. [Action Alastair,Stephen]

  • Development of Proof General for Eclipse - Tim believed that the next and final milestone, complete, had in fact been done but he would check and if so add the achieved date information for this milestone and move it to stage 4 Sign Off. [Action Tim]

  • IGS Database Work - The next milestone, 3, had slipped because of the impact of having to work on higher priority database tasks for the Research Assessment Exercise. Tim or Rosemary should bring a change to the proposed date for this milestone to the next meeting. [Action Tim, Rosemary]

  • Increase the number of nodes in the 64 node cluster. - The next milestone, reconfigure rac, had slipped because of the impact of having to work on higher priority console server work. Iain will move the proposed date for this milestone back to the end of March. [Action Iain]

  • Introduce a Production FC5 Desktop - local printing is working on the print servers but hasn't been checked on a normal desktop. Support for scanners also seemed in some doubt. [Action Neil and MPU]

  • Transition of Informatics staff mail services to Staffmail - Neil has been moving some of his mail folders to Staffmail and has been recording some of the details of what is required on the Services Unit wiki. Neil should change the proposed date for the next milestone to April 4th. [Action Neil]

  • 64-bit FC5 - This project has been moved to the sign off stage.

4. New project proposals

There were none.

5. Review of Procedures

Ken will add a note to the procedures about the stalled state for a project. He will also document the need to bring any changes to proposed dates for milestones to the Development Meeting. [Action Ken]

6. Technical presentation and discussion of projects

7. AOB

The next meeting will be on April 18th in Buccleuch Place.

-- KenDawson - 07 Mar 2007


This topic: DICE > WebHome > DevelopmentMeeting > DevelopmentMeetingMinutes-2007-03-07
Topic revision: r4 - 18 Apr 2007 - 12:47:29 - KenDawson
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platformCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback
This Wiki uses Cookies