Project Development Meeting (BP)- Minutes 31/12/06

1. Minutes of last meeting

  • [ACTION] All - all pending projects should be transferred to the new system by the next meeting when we will drop the Wiki page.
  • [ACTION] Paul to add new procedures for admin & external projects to the procedures page.

All other actions from the last meeting have been completed.

2. Procedures & Tracking Software

Appropriate use of the date field is important when considering the projects during the meeting. It was agreed that this field should represent "when the meeting next needs to consider the project". Things with no date (only) should be stage 0, and will not be considered at the meeting. Any project which is started should have a date attached, and the meeting will discuss the project when that date is reached.

  • [ACTION] Paul to change description of stage 1a because database entry now occurs at stage 0.
  • [ACTION] All to ensure that the date field for projects is used correctly and up to date.

3. Approved projects

Only projects which have issues are noted:

  • The cosign project is delayed due to lack of effort. [ACTION] Neil/George to discuss requirements for lightweight accounts and decide if this needs a separate project.

  • The Condor project is delayed due to technical problems. [ACTION] Alastair/Iain to discuss how to get hold of the source code.

  • The Solaris LCFG project is delayed because of unexpected complexity. The might be a possibility of some help from EPCC who are considering using LCFG for Solaris.

  • The LDAP upgrade project is delayed a little to avoid a major release before the xmas break.

  • The Proof general project is delayed. Alan Bundy will pay for more time to be spent on it.

  • The FC5 client project is still delayed by a few issues. In particular, local printing which will not be looked at until January.

4. New Project proposals

  • [ACTION] The staffmail project was approved to start.

5. AOB

The next meeting will be on 7th February at BP (no January meeting).

Topic revision: r2 - 07 Feb 2007 - 15:00:06 - KenDawson
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platformCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback
This Wiki uses Cookies