Project Development Meeting (IF 4.31 10:00 - 11:30) - Agenda 2015-01-21

  1. Summary of last meeting (2014-12-03):
    1. Lightweight Talks
      • VM / cloud options survey - Iain
        • Discussion of results and where do we go from here. Conclusions were:
          • The virtualisation we have available under DICE now is sufficient for most peoples needs.
          • There was little interest in Cloud type services and ECDF are developing a Cloud service model for the Eddie refresh and so we should just wait and see.
          • Some simple guidance documentation with pointers to current resources/services (including ECDF/IS) and using encryption would be worthwhile producing.
      • AT6/7/8 decant, AT3/4/5 decant - George
        • Preparation and planning
    2. Actions (actions will be dropped from here if added to the relevant project home page)
      • RHEL7 based LCFG port
        • [ACTION] update documentation to reflect policy of targeting the EL7 platform (with minor per platform changes that allow it to then be used for SL7, Centos, etc)
      • LCFG systemd component
        • [ACTION] document how to use systemd to replace existing component start method
      • CEG
        • [ACTION] show id number on computing.projects index page for ctrl+f type search
      • Local Forum Service - Alison
        • Progress update. Could get group members via Prometheus from roles (for the vast majority), rest can be added manually - but wait to evaluate take up before doing this. Will only use EASE for authentication.
          • [ACTION] Will minimally customise theme (e.g. like teaching related pages on Drupal).
          • [ACTION] Will obtain an SSL certificate.
      • Replace CVS with SVN on www.inf - Roger
        • State of play, discussion and questions.
          • [ACTION] Agreed to use specific dedicated directories for db generated content. This will require a few things to be relocated or dropped.
          • [ACTION] Will have a discussion on best approach to use for shared "liveroot" space (multiple contributors, e.g. svn export, db generater, a.n.other).
      • Theon HR/VRS - Tim
        • [ACTION] Do something with the whiteboard pictures.
  2. Project Completion:
  3. Lightweight Talks: (these are twenty minutes to half an hour)
  4. AOCB

-- TimColles - 06 Jan 2015

This topic: DICE > WebHome > DevelopmentMeeting > DevelopmentMeetingAgenda-2015-01-21
Topic revision: r5 - 20 Jan 2015 - 21:09:23 - NeilBrown
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platformCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback
This Wiki uses Cookies