Project Development Meeting (IF 4.31 10:00 - 12:00) - Agenda 2010-10-06

1. Minutes of last meeting

The minutes of the last meeting are here: DevelopmentMeetingMinutes-2010-09-01.

2. Matters arising

Update on actions from last meeting.

  • Replacement of LPRng with CUPS
    • Project completion requires a switch to using the IS cups component, upgrade to the newest version of cups and some configuration moved out of live headers. In testing. [Action Gordon]
  • Forum Information Display Screens
    • Who will manage content, Alastair to raise at Building Committee. Raise at meeting in next month. [Action Alastair]
  • AV facilities
    • Arrange purchase of earpiece to check operation of induction loops. [Action Alison] ONGOING
  • DICE F12^h3
    • COs to upgrade own desktops to F13. Approximately half have done. [Action ALL]
  • SISCA Web
    • Discuss further work with Jon Oberlander [Action Alastair]
  • inf-unit F12 work
    • Signed off. Take to CEG for final ratifiation. [Action Tim]
  • Forum Information Display Screens
    • Alison to discuss remaining work with Ian and propose an ongoing solution. [Action Alison/Ian] DONE - see Ian's report
  • Revisit Account Management
    • Consider forking the account cleanup operation as a separate project or unit mini-project (with involvement of user support). [Action Toby] DONE - This should be considered done, in that we've considered it (and are still doing so). Our thinking is that there's probably no need to have a separate project for this, but we do need to rely on time from us-unit and rat-unit to help fix any issues that occur.
    • Create a project or unit mini-project for implementation of the web interface. [Action Toby] DONE - There's going to be a larger project for "Prometheus enhancements" which will include the web interface, with the current project expected to complete by the end of the year. See Prometheus TODO for more details.
    • Setup a crontab with keytab to regularly run init-passwd to email user support about generated accounts. [Action Alison] DONE - This has been done (by Toby) - support are mailed twice-daily (6am and 12noon).
  • Provision of new Networker server
    • Produce a brief evaluation of the options (pay consultancy, buy sun, transfer and convert tape archive using existing technology). [Action Gordon]
  • DICE F12^h3
    • Investigate the Thunderbird issue and see if there is a simple fix. [Action Iain]
  • Port LCFG to F13
    • Decision on whether GDM and gconf will be used. [Action Alastair]
  • Improvements in mirror management
    • Add a requirement for a simple collated "where is my data" type lookup to the project description. For example, a web page where can enter hostname and get back where each of its mirrored partitions are held (which host and directory). [Action Neil]

3. Approved Projects

See Activity with annotated comments from meeting.

4. Project Status Changes

5. New Proposed Projects

None as yet.

6. AOB

-- TimColles - 02 Sep 2010

Topic revision: r3 - 06 Oct 2010 - 02:03:53 - TimColles
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platformCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback
This Wiki uses Cookies