Please fill in actual activity for Last Month (October) and intended activity for This Month (November) for projects you are responsible for. For reference, the intended activity recorded for November is included where an entry had been made (it is considered unhelpful to alter this to match what actual activity was :). It is acceptable to change devproj milestones as part of this process, however if you do please indicate that you have done so below, for example by adding a Change of Plan bullet point, so that the meeting is alerted to the changes.

  • Revisit Account Management
    • October: complete review, start writing up
    • Last Month: Some issues still outstanding in AFS tests, etc. review
    • This Month: complete review, start writing up

  • School Database Revamp
    • October: Start.
    • Last Month: Final report draft has been done.
    • This Month: Collating some stats to finish. Then pass draft to Graham for any additions/corrections. Send out.

  • Inventory Improvement
    • October: Modify design if required as a result of "User" requirement meeting. Produce final design document. Play with perl catalyst framework.
    • Last Month: Held "User" requirement meeting - some minor changes required. Some work on final design document. Some playing with perl catalyst.
    • This Month: Complete final design document and publish. More playing with perl catalyst.

  • Prometheus AFS PTS conduit
    • October: Deal with issues raised in review
    • Last Month: most code reviewed and approved, couple of things to tidy up
    • This Month: Get rest of code approved.

  • Password strength checks
    • October:Try to get testing done.
    • Last Month: A new (major) version of the code was released, so it didn't seem worth testing with the old version. Unfortunately this new version turned out more stubborn to build, as some .h files weren't in the expected locations; that has now been worked around. At least the documentation is now a bit better.
    • This Month: Find some wordlists to feed into CrackLib. Test.

  • Account reconciliation
    • October: finish dealing with db disappearances, speak to IS about uids, delete old machine principals. Alison and Toby to meet to discuss project completion
    • Last Month: db disappearances dealt with; in contact with IS about uid mismatches; deletion of old machine principals not quite happened; Alison and Toby met to discuss winding up project
    • This Month: delete old machine principals; make various useful scripts available; Alison, Lindsey and Toby to meet to discuss procedures, until lifecycle code operational

  • Webmark Reform
    • October: As Sep.
    • Last Month: Holidays and session backend.
    • This Month: As Sep.

  • School Database Revamp: Phase 1B & 2B
    • October: Finish the "export" toolchain and commit. Start on tidying up the prototypical "import" code and toolchain. Continue work on the "bootstrap" process.
    • Last Month: Moving "export" prototype to live (primarily this was cleaning up the code base and adding commentary). Committed snapshot of newly generated XSD as it now validates, allowing "blocked" work on "schematic" to proceed. Switched the XSD generation out of backwards compatibly mode then did some work on the XSLT so it continues to generate an identical DDL. Started moving the prototype pgcatalog import code to live, needs some tweaking before it will build a DDL for itself (that is correct).
    • This Month: Complete pgcatalog import and (self) DDL generation stage. Can then self-build which is the final part of the "bootstrap" process. Work on scripting the tool chain. Consider a switch over date for the core functionality (those aspects which directly replace the interim system running now).

  • Windows 7 Upgrade
    • October: Final report and submit for signoff
    • Last Month:
    • This Month:

  • VM / cloud options survey
    • October: collate response
    • Last Month:collated responses and started work on the report
    • This Month:push the report forwards

  • Streaming Media Service Requirements
    • October: Finalise document and submit for signoff
    • Last Month: Distributed draft to end-users & COs, awaited comments.
    • This Month: Submit for signoff

  • Lifecycle code design
    • October: Code review; plan implementation
    • Last Month: Stalled on code review
    • This Month: Prod reviewers; code review; plan implementation

  • Investigate AFS on ECDF storage
    • October: Chase Orlando for access to ECDF.
    • Last Month: Had my meeting with Orlando the week before last. We discussed the various options. They are very pressed for time/effort, so we've chosen the simplest option to just get something up and running. Which is more or less what I have running now using our GPFS, but using a test bit of their GPFS. Even that will take them "a couple of weeks" to set up. For more details see Project268AFSonECDF
    • This Month: Well we should have access to their GPFS, but mounted here. In the mean time I'll look at some standard iozone setup so we can do some comparisons.

  • Review of OpenLDAP DICE client configuration
    • October: As per action: 'Deploy a TLS configured client/server onto COs desktops for initial testing'
    • Last Month: A TLS configured client <-> remote server was rolled out to all CO desktops on 'develop'.
    • This Month: Watch the outcome of the above; investigate any problems. Need to discuss certificate distribution mechanism. Possibly look at DICE::Authorize code. More widely: need to re-consider overall aims. Should probably (?) also look at sssd.

  • Replace CVS with SVN on www.inf
    • October: Finish testing on belter, check test SVN with users. Finalise conversion options, complete planning document.
    • Last Month: Identified admin users, configured belter as SVN server with full copy of converted data.
    • This Month: Check test SVN with users, confirm conversion options. Arrange switchover.

  • DICE virtual image with teaching software for students - trial
    • October: Tackle any problems the students come up with. Draw up an approximate schedule of future releases. Publicise to everyone else. Write up. Sign off. The end.
    • Last Month: Not many replies from students.
    • This Month: Remind the students. Hopefully announce Virtual DICE more generally.

  • Display SAT info on AT foyer display screens
    • October: finish up sync feed
    • Last Month:UUID_SHORT seems to not be that unique. reworked the trigger function to use UUID, check for dupes and log
    • This month:finish sync feed

  • Evaluate move of LCFG configuration from svn to git
    • October: Start work on the project. Learn about git and gerrit.
    • Last Month: Spent some Personal Development time learning about git and gerrit.
    • This month: Learn more. Plan the project in more detail. Start work on the project proper, including devising feasible release procedures.

  • Securing School Web Servers
    • October: Move project into evaluation stage.
    • Last Month: I think I mean proposal stage. Anyway had a brief corridor chat with Stephen about this, and I've put some initial thoughts on the wiki Project287SecuringWebServers, but other than that. Not very much.
    • This Month: Arrange meeting to discuss all possible options to secure a web server. Armed with whatever that produces, update the project with some more firm proposals.

-- TimColles - 30 Oct 2013

Topic revision: r18 - 06 Nov 2013 - 08:46:22 - TimColles
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platformCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback
This Wiki uses Cookies