Please fill in actual activity for Last Month (February) and intended activity for This Month (March) for projects you are responsible for. For reference, the intended activity recorded for February is included where an entry had been made (it is considered unhelpful to alter this to match what actual activity was :). It is acceptable to change devproj milestones as part of this process, however if you do please indicate that you have done so below, for example by adding a Change of Plan bullet point, so that the meeting is alerted to the changes.

  • Revisit Account Management
    • February: Wait for dependency. Blog article. Use new headers/package lists on main server.
    • Last Month: Blog article started. Some fiddling with headers/package lists.
    • This Month: Wait for dependency; Use new headers/package lists on main server

  • LCFG Server Refactoring
    • February: Deploy to main Informatics LCFG slave servers. Sign off (on this phase)
    • Last Month: Deployed on main Informatics LCFG slave servers. Investigating strange rsync timeouts on one slave server (unlikely to be related to new server code)
    • This Month: Resolve rsync timeouts and signoff project.

  • EUCLID Interoperability
    • February: Write final report. Bring for sign-off.
    • Last Month: Write final report. Bring for sign-off.
    • This Month: Nothing (on hold).

  • School Database Revamp
    • February: More minor server bug fixing.
    • Last Month: Minor server bug fixing. Client data table and record keyboard navigation, completed, QA'd and deployed.
    • This Month: Nothing, but now into starting tidy up process to wind up project.

  • Monitoring system enhancements upgrade <- Note change of project title and scope
    • February: Finish testing (†); upgrade primary Nagios server (cockerel) to SL6_64 / Nagios v3; bring for sign off
      († Feel free to help by pointing your monitored systems to !nagios_client.monitoringcluster mADD(nagios/test) and seeing what happens.)
    • Last Month: Primary Nagios server (cockerel) upgraded to SL6_64 / Nagios v3.
    • This Month: Write up (briefly) and submit for sign off.

  • inSpace
    • February: Have meeting
    • Last Month: Had meeting
    • This Month: finish component

  • Redevelop User Documentation
    • February: Continue porting and start meeting with Units.
    • Last Month: Continued porting. Met with Infrastructure Unit.
    • This Month: Schedule meetings with other Units. Continue porting with the aim of going live at end of April. This will require input from other Units. Need to confirm with each Unit what documentation is missing/needs to be written.

  • loghost implementation
    • February: lcfg-level basic configuration. No other work anticipated. Write up for signoff at March meeting, unless anything else crops up in the meantime.
    • Last Month: lcfg-level very basic configuration. (Is this enough?)
    • This Month: Look at per-host archiving. Write up for signoff in April?

  • Move www.inf to new technology
    • February: Likely to be very little, as no time allocated to this project this T and the Drupal project is a higher priority.
    • Last Month: Nothing.
    • This Month: Probably nothing.

  • Account reconciliation
    • February: Continue archiving and deleting people.
    • Last Month: In the past scripts originally written by Ken were used to indicate users who have expired and hence who were eligible for archival/deletion. These need to be reviewed/adjusted to account for changes in the database (e.g. move to 3g for students)
    • This Month: Review scripts. Continue archival/deletion.

  • Prometheus: migration to new database feeds
    • February: Make primary key decision. Aim to write report and move to sign-off.
    • Last Month: Decision made to use uuid from database as primary key (from prometheus's perspective). Code written, reviewed and in testing - just awaiting a suitable time to put into service on prometheus server.
    • This Month: Put code in service; Aim to write report and move to sign-off.

  • Prometheus: enable account lifecycle
    • February: Assess code; plan introduction; bring gdmr on board
    • Last Month: sxw's code is apparently "archived in London" and he won't get a chance to look at it until "late March"
    • This Month: Unlikely to be any activity, given the lack of code.

  • Introduction of Drupal as the new commodity WCMS
    • February: Moved to Implementation
    • Last Month: Initial Drupal experimentations, including lardup.inf which is an SL6 KVM running drupal shipped via RPMs. It still needs hand configuration to get it going. Had a very useful SciCOs meeting, where various other schools are also looking at providing an LCFG managed drupal service. Faye is talking about writing an initial component. Haven't updated the milestones as requested. Already 1 month behind schedule
    • This Month: Update milestones. More investigations on recommended modules and workflow.

  • Simple KVM service
    • February: Sign off. Further deployment hampered by SAN/SL6 issues. Create a project to track migration from VMware to KVM?
    • Last Month: Would have signed off, but waiting for a script to be added to bashdefenv.
    • This Month: Sign off. Create a project to track migration from VMware to KVM.

  • MPU SL6 Server Upgrades
    • February: Complete upgrade of LCFG servers. Work on perl-AFS and mod_waklog as soon as openafs 1.6.1 is released.
    • Last Month: Completed upgrade of LCFG slave servers and inf level test server. Upgrade of LCFG master server is now blocked on missing defaults packages and on the port of lcfg-rfe to SL6. Still waiting on openafs 1.6.1.
    • This Month: Finish preparation for LCFG master server upgrade and possibly perform upgrade; Work on perl-AFS and mod_waklog as soon as openafs 1.6.1 is released.

  • School Database Revamp: Phase 1B & 2B
    • February: Complete assessment functionality - including finishing and refinement of Course layer, implementation of Year and Programme layers. Complete L788 BoE report replacement and online variants. Implement L787 BoE report replacement (year/programme layer for May BoE meetings). Genrep replacement in Portal for BoE report generation.
    • Last Month: Working on issues identified with Course Layer at January BoE meetings.
    • This Month: Complete fixes and refinement to Course Layer assessment functionality and reporting (L788 replacement).

  • SL6 upgrade for RAT Unit
    • February: Migrate services
    • Last Month: Some theon services, begun RT4 conversion
    • This Month: (Schedule) all research servers; also infdb conversion.

  • KDC upgrade to 1.9
    • February: Moved to Implementation
    • Last Month:
    • This Month: Fill out the wiki page and pass it around for thorough inspection

  • Windows 7 Upgrade
    • February: Install test machine and test AFS and kerberos.
    • Last Month: Installed test machine and tested AFS and kerberos.
    • This Month: Work with IS to get AFS/kerberos to install at install time. Plan to finalise testing with selected users and finalise rollout plan. Work on firefox version issues.

-- TimColles - 06 Mar 2012

Topic revision: r14 - 07 Mar 2012 - 09:12:53 - GrahamDutton
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platformCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback
This Wiki uses Cookies