Please fill in activity for Last Month and intended activity for This Month for projects you are responsible for. For reference the intended activity for Last Month as reported at the April development meeting is included (it is considered unhelpful to alter this to match what actual activity was :). It is acceptable to change devproj milestones as part of this process, however if you do please indicate that you have done so below, for example by adding a Change of Plan bullet point, so that the meeting is alerted to the changes.

  • LCFG installroot
    • April: testing for PXE and 64 bit. Document. Deploy for F12
    • Last Month: tested with PXE and 64 bit. Deployed for F12 32 bit and 64 bit.
    • This Month: Document. (Once happy with F12 in service will deploy to SL5)
    • Comments: Into user acceptance stage for a while.

  • Logging policy and centralised logging
    • April: Incorporate any more comments; final actions; wind down this project.
    • Last Month: Gave presentation (slides linked from project URL)
    • This Month: Write draft policy, final report, ready for signoff
    • Questions: Where should logs be documented? What about self-managed services?

  • Revisit Account Management
    • April: complete role expander; complete LDAP conduit; merge text file importer; complete roles conduit; start AFS conduit; bring up test server
    • Last Month: completed role expander; completed LDAP conduit; merged simple text file importer & roles conduit; brought up test server; added auditing support to Kerberos conduits
    • This Month: LCFG conduit; iFriend conduit Note: Toby and Simon are both away for substantial parts of May, hence the small amount of work planned for this month
    • Comments: Milestones may need adjusted. Rollout date needed. [Action Toby]

  • LCFG Core Refactoring
    • April : Add git support to LCFG build tools. Work on automating testing. Investigate object serialisation/storage systems.
    • Last Month: Investigated object serialisation/storage systems.
    • This Month: Add git support to LCFG build tools. Work on automating testing. More code cleanups. Prepare to make a release in June.
    • Comments: Object serialisation/storage too much work to do on SL5, pend this on F12.

  • OpenVPN Service
    • April: Linux docs, and get ready for signoff.
    • Last Month: Didn't quite get there...
    • This Month: Finish docs, report, ready for signoff!
    • Comments: Network manager may not work.

  • Final Stages of Commodity WCMS work
    • April: really will try harder this month, as it is supposed to be complete by the end of april
    • Last Month: Due to holidays and effort spent on the move of content to polopoly, no time spent on this (again)
    • This Month: Will really really, get this done for next time. Hence not going to shift milestones, just leave them as being a couple of weeks late.

  • School Database Revamp
    • April: Complete data model revision. Implementation of parts of prototype UI server sufficient to test delegated credential handling for database access.
    • Last Month: Data model revision completed (well very nearly). Delegated credential handling for database access tested.
    • This Month: Start work on first part of prototype client/server interface re-factor.

  • Improve communication with users
    • April: Produce more posters.
    • Last Month: Posters produced
    • This Month: Stall project as waiting on child project (Documentation)

  • Forum Information Display Screens
    • April: Content generation by Bob Fisher's student. Nothing from me - holidays.
    • Last Month: Nothing from me. Bob Fisher's student did some work on the touchscreen content
    • This Month: Touchscreen content is expected to be finished within the month. The student is also expected to work on the OneLan content. No further input is needed from us (i.e. the CO's) on the content.
    • Comments: Move into user acceptance for a while. Who will manage content, Alastair to raise somewhere. [Action Alastair]

  • AV facilities
    • April: Mediascape to complete work, project signoff
    • Last Month: Mediascape completed as much as possible on-site
    • This Month: Mediascape to complete, project signoff

  • Transition from NFS to AFS
    • April:
    • Last Month: continued moving group space
    • This Month:
    • Comments: Last Sun held data moved by next meeting.

  • inSpace
    • April: check with IS about cold fusion, learn to herd cats
    • Last Month: Essentially nothing
    • This Month: Probably very little

  • Wallet Implementation
    • April: Nothing - holidays.
    • Last Month: Nothing.
    • This Month: Write a final evaluation document; implement (or start to implement) what's required.
    • Comments: All to look at Ian's document. [Action ALL]

  • LCFG inf level port to Fedora 12
    • April: Finish project
    • Last Month: We got it to the point of finishing but several stubborn problems held us back.
    • This Month: Finish project!
    • Comments: GDM very different, could maybe use XDM.

  • Implement self-managed support strategy
    • April: Create new project (for 2010 T2) to investigate install scripts for self-managed machines
    • Last Month: New project created 161
    • This Month: Stall project as waiting on child projects.

  • Redevelop User Documentation
    • April: produce proposed site map and circulate, start familiarisation with Zope/Plone
    • Last Month: produced draft site map
    • This Month: firm up site map, start familiarisation with Zope/Plone

  • loghost implementation
    • April:
    • Last Month: Flesh out devproj page some more
    • This Month: Define services, ready for when loghost is procured
    • Comment: It's not clear from the minutes of last time what state this project should be in at the moment, so I have left it as "pending" for now.
    • Comments: Define what to provide and move to Implementation. [Action George]

  • DICE F12
    • April:
    • Last Month:written script to parse package lists for rpms currently in fedora, started on bugzilla entries for remaining components
    • This Month:autobuild rpms not in above, work through remaining rpms by hand.

  • Move www.inf to new technology
    • April:
    • Last Month: Created new conduits based on existing ones to generate HTML fragments suitable for proxying into Polopolpy. Looked at web forms proxying, but too much effort to get it done in time for going live. General help, discussions on what we must get complete prior to initial pages going live.
    • This Month: For www.inf moving to polopoly, must sort out how the redirects will work. Integrate new conduits and mechanism to run them regularily into the standard conduit run. Update this new projects milestones with realistic time scales.
    • Comments: Set milestones. Post around re-direct plan. Ensure permanent re-directs. [Action Neil]

-- TimColles - 07 Apr 2010

Topic revision: r16 - 27 May 2010 - 13:14:34 - TimColles
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platformCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback
This Wiki uses Cookies