-- PerditaStevens - 29 Jan 2016

Minutes

for meeting Thursday 4th February 2016, 3.02 Informatics Forum

Present: Tim Colles, Bjoern Franke, Alastair Scobe, Perdita Stevens, Martin Wright

Apologies: Johanna Moore

Minutes and matters arising

The minutes were approved.

Actions carried/still in progress:

  • getting Kerry Miller to come and talk about Research Data landscape. Need to coordinate with Mike Fourman who has a similar action from Research Committee. AS, PS
  • New System Design Project, allocation of academic lead ahead of any need for Computing work on a new project. Postponed to next year: next year the SDP will run with this year's project. Identification of academic lead for a new project the following year MW/BF
  • Documentation of how to use encrypted USB sticks and instruction to do so for exams: a solution exists, but documentation not yet updated. AS/TC
  • Assurance of correctness of BoE marks: TC reported that he thinks the reporting of discrepancies between Theon and Euclid is workable and will work with the ITO to ensure that this happens and is practical. We discussed the specific issue of UG3 marks that have to be taken into account at UG4 boards, and could not think of a reason why we shouldn't use the "official" marks from Euclid for this purpose, which would remove one source of risk. MW to talk to Neil.
  • Review of DICE desktop. AS to arrange.

Date and time of next meeting

Action: PS to doodle.

2016 IT plan

Discussed, no major new concerns.

Response to university's 10 year Research IT plan

Discussed briefly: AS to respond on our behalf (?)

Development projects management framework

Not discussed, had TC had to leave. Subsequently questionnaire results were circulated.

Plan for publicising research data solutions space.

Could not be progressed in MF's absence.

AOCB

The Prevent duty is being responded to by the university by the introduction of a new secure store. Action: MW to forward mail about this. DONE: no response needed from this committee; seems so unlikely that anyone in Informatics will need to use the new store that likely inconvenience accessing it is acceptable.

Topic revision: r4 - 05 Aug 2016 - 10:09:27 - PerditaStevens
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platformCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback
This Wiki uses Cookies