In our reading group, we read in-depth about areas that are useful for understanding machine learning, e.g., statistics, optimization, etc.
We meet on Wednesdays and Fridays 4pm - 5pm. To find out our schedule (which is usually decided at the last minute), join the mailing list cup-people@infREMOVE_THIS.
The Wednesday meetings are in room 1.16 and the Friday meetings are in 3.02, EXCEPT FOR
- 12 October - 4.02
- 14 October - 4.02
- 2 November - 4.02
- 16 November - 4.02
We tend to focus on PhD
-level tutorial style readings, e.g., we have read the Boyd and Vandenberghe book on convex optimization and Wasserman's "All of Statistics" books.
There are several compute servers available for Charles's students. At the moment these are
- cup01 (alias: mug): dual processor Xeon (circa 2012), 8 cores, 64 GB RAM, 2TB disk
- cup02 (alias: demitasse): dual processor Xeon (circa 2012), 8 cores, 64 GB RAM, 2TB disk
- cup03 (alias: saucer): dual processor Xeon (circa 2012), 8 cores, 64 GB RAM, 2TB disk
- cup04 : dual processor Xeon (2014), 12 cores, 64 GB RAM, 1.8TB disk
Also check out the ML computational resources, ANC computational resources, and ECDF.
- pug01 : 4x TITANS : for CUP only
- stonesoup : 4x TESLA : for all ANC
- melmac : 4x GTX 980 : for all ANC
- roswell : really old. 2x GTX 480 (???)
We also have 2TB of mirrored (not backed up) space at
Please create a subdirectory for yourself if you would like to use this.