This is the Informatics
Wiki service. Note that documentation is limited.
We are no longer creating new Wiki Webs on this service. If you require a wiki site, please now use the Central Wiki Service
. The front page of which contains a link to a new web request form.
There has been an update to the original version of the TWiki software. The obvious change is in the default SKIN
, which is no longer blueskin (which is old, and not guaranteed to work well with newer wiki versions). To test
blueskin with the new version, simply append "?skin=blueskin" to the URL (so this page would become "https://wiki.inf.ed.ac.uk/Main/WebHome?skin=blueskin" - this makes no permanent change). If you do wish to change the skin for your web permanently, edit the Web Preferences for your web and add "Set SKIN = blueskin". Should you want to disable the WYSIWYG editor per web or per topic, you can add "Set TINYMCEPLUGIN_DISABLE = 1".
We are using Cosign
technology to identify local DICE users. Only DICE authenticated users will be able to edit the TWiki pages, though some pages are further restricted to certain groups of DICE users. DICE users with current kerberos credentials using Mozilla/Firefox should find it "just works". Those using Windows or Macs will probably find themselves redirected to our https://weblogin.inf.ed.ac.uk/
, where they should enter the usual username and password to be authenticated and then be returned to this Wiki service.
In case there is any doubt, all pages on this Wiki service will be world readable, unless the Topic/WikiWeb author has taken steps to restrict their viewing
via the TWikiAccessControl
Use the SuggestionsComments
topic to leave some constructive criticism!
The site map has moved to this separate WebList
- TWikiUsers: List of users of this TWiki web.
- TWikiGroups: List of groups.
- TWiki.WelcomeGuest: Look here first to get you rolling on TWiki.
- TWikiSite: Explains what a TWiki site is.
- TWikiRegistration: Create your account in order to edit topics.
- How to edit text:
- TWikiPreferences: TWiki site-level preferences
- You are currently in the Main web. The color code for this web is this background, so you know where you are.
- If you are not familiar with the TWiki collaboration platform, please visit WelcomeGuest first.
Topic revision: r39 - 21 Feb 2012 - 17:28:53 - NeilBrown